All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Friday, December 28, 2012

Off Topic: New Postage Rates

Don't forget to buy your stamps (specifically the Forever Stamp) now before they increase on January 27th. 

About 10 years ago when $0.37 was the rate for a U.S. First Class postage stamp we bought a 100 stamp roll. However before they changed to $0.39 (in 2006) we decided to start paying our bills online. Then the need for stamps had drastically declined as I don't send out a lot of mail.  However, now that I mail out the free product coupons for some of the giveaways I do that stash of $0.37 stamps is almost gone!  Finally I won't have to go to the post office to buy stamps that total eight cents to make up for the difference in postage. About once a year I look up to see what the going rate of stamps are so I know how much extra I need to add to my old stamps so I can still use them to get rid of. However, a couple years ago I learned about the new stamp that is out there that is called the Forever Stamp. I can't wait to start using these stamps once my old stamps are used up because then I won't have to worry about figuring out how much to add if there is a rate increase.

Which is why I am writing this post because on January 27th there will be a new postage stamp increase. You can find all the rate changes on the U.S. Postal Service's website. So if you don't buy Forever Stamps I just wanted to let you know that you'll have to buy price change stamps to make up the difference in the rate. The new rate for a First Class Postage Stamp will be $0.46. If you do buy the Forever Stamp which I would recommend if you can to buy as many as you think you may need before the price rate increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment