All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reviews: SC Johnson Cleaning Products


I am a member of BzzAgent. I got selected to join the SC Johnson Smart Easy Spring Cleaning BzzCampaign. I was sent the following products to try in my home for free.

4 oz. Glade Limited Edition Spring Collection jar candle
Glade PlugIns Scented Oil refill
Pledge Lemon Clean aerosol spray
20 oz. bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Shower Foamer with Extend-A-Clean
Scrubbing bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel kit with dispenser and gel discs

Here is a picture that I took of them.

I got to try all the products and this is my review on each one.

4 oz. Glade Limited Edition Spring Collection jar candle
The candle scent they sent me was Sparkle of Spring which features zesty lime, ginger and vanilla. I always have a hard time lighting candles so a lighter with a long neck would have helped me. Once the candle was lit it had a nice flicker glow to it which I enjoyed. As for the scent it was pleasant. I felt the scent of vanilla over powered the other two scents as I couldn’t even distinguish that lime was part of the scent. However, my husband could smell the lime and the vanilla but not the ginger. I also noticed that it took about a half hour after the candle was lit for me to notice the scent in the room. The candle did fill the whole room with the scent though which I liked. I also liked the candle design sticker label. This limited edition candle was nice but if you really liked the scent a lot then you’d have to stock pile it so you can have it when they were not selling it anymore.


Glade Plugins Scented Oil refill
Luckily I had a holder for this refill as they didn’t send me one. However, what is great about these refills is that you can use them in an Air Wick holder too. The scent they sent me was Crisp Waters which is a pure, invigorating scent of the great outdoors. For some reason smelling it from the package and smelling it as it’s heated is a little different. The scent was a little too strong. I couldn’t leave it in for too long before it overpowered the room. In fact, I could smell it right away. It did have a crisp clean scent which was alright. Sadly with candles but more with these products I cannot use these in my house for too long as my husband does not like them.


Pledge Lemon Clean aerosol spray
I used to think that Pledge was just for dusting wood surfaces but it actually does more than that! It can clean granite, stainless steel, leather and other surfaces. I liked how it easily removed the dust from these surfaces and made them shine. Plus when it removes the dust it also is removing up to 90% of allergens from pet dander which is nice for someone that’s may be allergic to pet dander. I enjoyed the lemon scent and didn’t find it too over powering. It also spayed nicely too.




20 oz. bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Shower Foamer with Extend-A-Clean
I knew my shower needed to be cleaned so I waited for the product to arrive. Boy, am I glad I did. This stuff worked great! This stuff has a new technology called Extend-A-Clean that keeps the shower cleaner for four days. It has an invisible grime barrier that activates when water touches it so that the soap scum stays away longer. When I sprayed it, it covered a wide surface area from the foam and went to work right away. Cleaning the whole shower was easier to do and took less time especially the areas that needed to most cleaning. This had a nice pleasant scent that was not overpowering at all. While I still made sure that I had good ventilation I felt ok when I had to clean the shower with the door shut.



Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel kit with dispenser and gel discs
I also waited to clean my toilet so I could use these as well. I liked these. They help prevent build up of lime scale and toilet rings which it already was starting to get. Starting this product out wasn’t too bad. I did find it a little hard to move the tube to the next notch on the dispenser. When I read that it had six gel discs it wasn’t exactly what I thought it would be. Basically it’s just a tube filled with gel and you push the dispenser down a notch which stops more gel from coming out of the gel tub. The gel makes a nice star pattern when it is placed in the toilet. I like how the discs lasted one week and when that week was done you couldn’t even tell where it was placed as there was no residue left over. The gel also has a scent to it and I got Fresh Clean. I liked how it smelled and continued to smell keeping the toilet smelling fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment