All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Reviews: Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil


A few months back I signed up to review Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.  I mainly signed up as I never had heard of virgin coconut oil and was very curious as to what it was.  So I checked out the Tropical Traditions website and learned what Virgin Coconut Oil is.

First I watched the video on Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil to give me an idea of what it was.  Then I check out the video on how to use coconut oil so that when I tried it out it would give me an idea of what I could use it for.

Tropical Traditions's website has a place to search for recipes for using the Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.  However, l found it to be too overwhelming for me.  This is mostly due to not being the greatest cook and trying to find simple easy recipes.  I did manage to find one that was of interest to me though.

I made five different recipes with the Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.  They were peanut butter, pudding, fried chicken nuggets, fried potatoes, and banana bread.
The peanut butter turned out alright. It wasn't smooth nor was it chunky but this might of been because I used a blender instead of a food processor. The actual taste of the peanut butter tasted good to me though and since I prefer chunky peanut butter over creamy I didn't mind how it turned out.

The pudding was the only recipe I used from their website. I didn't follow the recipe as stated as I couldn't find any coconut cream concentrate at the store. This is also why it didn't have the consistency of pudding either. Even though I didn't add the concentrate to the recipe it came out good enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. By the way, this pudding is really rich even when I used unsweetened cocoa powder.  The only thing I didn't like about this pudding was that the Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil didn't melt thoroughly so there was small chunks of the oil in the pudding.

The fried chicken nuggets didn't look like fried chicken to me but that might of been because I don't have a deep fryer and used a deep pot instead. Even though it didn't look fried it did taste very good.

The fried potatoes were very tasty to me and turned out great.

I have a favorite banana bread that I love to make.  It tastes very good to me.  Since I love it so much I wanted to see if the Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil would stand up to the taste of my favorite recipe.  In the picture above the bread on the left is my favorite recipe and the bread on the right is the one with Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.  From looks you can't really tell much difference in them.  However, eating one right after the other I still found my favorite recipe just a little better but the Tropical Traditions bread was close in taste and if I hadn't made the favorite recipe I may not of noticed the difference.  They both were very good to consume.

I enjoyed cooking with Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.  It was easy to use and store.  What I also enjoyed about cooking with it is the fragrance it leaves.  I think it smells nicely and is a pleasant fragrance to have lingering in my house after I am done cooking with it.

If you'd like to learn more about Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil you can visit the Tropical Traditions website where you can subscribe to their newsletter, "like" Tropical Traditions on Facebook, follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter, and you can even subscribe to their Youtube channel to watch more of their videos.



Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil - 32 oz.
Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil?


Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.

Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with two pints of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil to help me write this review.  I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.  The above opinions are mine and not influenced in any way.  Your experience with the product may be different than mine.  If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.