All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reviews: Private Selection Holiday




Private Selection is tastefully prepared from only the finest and genuine ingredients.  Their products always deliver a flavorful and fulfilling taste.  This holiday share some foods from the Private Selection collection which consists of Angus meats, fresh & frozen seafood, deli meats & cheeses, ice cream, appetizers, desserts, candy, coffee, crackers, cookies, pasta and pasta sauce, and much more.


I am a BzzAgent and received a nice BzzKit that included (pictured above):
- The official BzzGuide
- Private Selection Costa Rican Tarrazu Coffee Medium-Dark Ground Coffee (full size)
- Private Selection Classic Water Crisps (full size)
- Free product coupons for Private Selection Pasta Sauce, Private Selection Presliced Deli Cheese (select flavors), and Private Selection Olives
- $0.75 off Private Selection Yogurt
- (5) 20% off Private Selection products listed above


Private Selection products after using the coupons.



Once I came home from the store I knew the Private Selection Sliced Natural Cheese Hand Marbled Colby Jack cheese was not going to least long as my husband and I love cheese.   This cheese is ten round slices that are about three inches in diameter.  My husband and I thought it tasted really good.  I wasn't sure where this cheese would be located in the store but I found it at the deli counter of the store.  Besides the Colby Jack they also carry Garlic & Herb Monterey Jack, Blue Marbled White Cheddar, Buffalo Monterey Jack, Blue Marbled Pepper Jack and some others.

The Private Selection Classic Water Crisps crackers are about 1 1/2 inch in diameter.  I found them to be a little crispy even though I thought that they tasted good.  These crackers actually reminded me of the crackers that are used during communion at church.

I decided to purchase two Private Selection Greek Yogurts.  I am not a fan of Greek yogurt so I didn't care for it.  However, my husband likes Greek yogurt so he thought it tasted pretty good.  The Greek yogurt is think and creamy and was just ok for me.  I did like the fruit topping that you add to the Greek yogurt as the topping is separated from the yogurt and you have to pour it in.  I do like how the section between the topping and the yogurt is flexible to make it easy to just bend the topping compartment and slowly pour the topping into the yogurt.  By the way, I tried the strawberry flavor while my husband tried the raspberry pomegranate flavor.

My husband and I are not big fans of green olives so we didn't care for the the Private Selection Olives.  The olives I chose were the green olives filled with orange citrus.  Sadly, I could barely taste the citrus flavor like I thought I would.  In fact, I found them to be too salty for me.  Since I found them too salty, I didn't enjoy them at all.

Since I am not a coffee drinker, I gave the Private Selection Costa Rican Tarrazu Coffee Medium-Dark Ground Coffee to my husband to take to work.  I asked what he thought of it and he said it was alright.  He also told me that a co-worker of his thought it tasted good.  By the way, they also carry some rich new flavors like Sumatra, Vanilla, and Toffee Nut.

This past weekend I made some spaghetti (actually Angel Hair Pasta) and topped it with the Private Selection Pasta Sauce in Marinara.  Both my husband and I found it to be really good.  We thoroughly enjoyed it and I felt after eating it that I should of  made more spaghetti as I wanted to enjoy it some more


The Private Selection brand is sold exclusively at Kroger and their family of stores (like Fred Meyer).

Disclaimer:  I am a BzzAgent and was given what was stated in the BzzKit above.  The opinions in this post are mine and not influenced in any way.  My experience with the products may be different than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment