All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Reviews: Influenster #FrostyVoxBox



When I received an email that a package from Influenster was on my way to my house I was very excited because I was surprised that I was chosen to try out one of the VoxBoxes.  This was mainly for the fact that when I had originally signed up in November of 2011 they wouldn't ship packages to Alaska.  Non the less I stayed a member but didn't really participate but kept my account sort of active.  Well, I guess they decided to let people who lived in Alaska participate in actual VoxBox reviews since I finally got one!  I was so excited to see what all came in my box and when the package arrived I quickly opened it up to find out what was in it.  Inside the box were the following products (pictured above):
- EcoTools Styler + Smoother Hair Brush
- Red Vines Fruit Vines Bites Strawberry (5 oz)
- NYC Expert Last Lip Color Sugar Plum (0.11 oz)
- Rimmer Scandaleye Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner (0.042 oz)
- Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (4.2 fl oz)
- No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Serum (0.1 fl oz) w/$2 off
- McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme (0.62 oz)
- Celestial Seasoning Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Holiday Tea (2-tea bags (0.1 oz)) w/$0.55 off

I made a video on YouTube of me showing what all came in the box.



The first product I tried was the EcoTools Styler + Smoother Hair Brush.  This hair brush comes in eco packaging which is great for the environment and a plus for me.  The EcoTools Styler + Smooth is ideal for all hair types and is a versatile brush that does three jobs in one.  It styles, smoothes, and gently detangles, while the comfort cushion and ball tips nurture hair + scalp.  The EcoVent design dries hair 20% faster for less heat damage.  It is ultra-lightweight for comfort smoothing and styling. While using the EcoTools Styler I could tell how light-weigh this brush was and really liked that it was.  Plus the handle is made of bamboo so it felt really comfortable in my hand.  I loved how the bristles had a little give to them so that it felt comforting brushing my hair while it also massaged my scalp a little too.  Since I don't use a hair dryer and let my hair naturally dry I couldn't really tell if it dried my hair faster or not.  My hair also doesn't get into tangles as much as it did when it was longer so I couldn't tell how well it detangled my hair.  However, it did easily glide through my hair to smooth out any tangles that I may have had.  I do like this brush as it's better than the old cheap brush I was using.


The next product I tried was the Red Vines Fruit Vines Bites Strawberry.  These are a soft chewy fruity candy that has no preservatives and is low in fat.  I enjoyed the shape of these bites as they are in the shape of a triangular prism (like a Toblerone) that you can then brake down into the shape of three cylinders.  I also made a video on Instagram to show three pieces along with a little more of how I feel about them.  I had a fun time eating these and braking them down into the tiny bite sizes made them last even longer.  The strawberry flavor was good and I like how soft and chewy that the Red Vines Fruit Vines Bites were.  They actually reminded me of eating fruit flavored licorice as they tasted rather similar.  






Being one who does not use that much makeup and usually only wears it on rare occasions the next two products didn't turn out that great for me.  First I put on the NYC Expert Last Lip Color Sugar Plum.  It glided on really nicely and felt smooth.  I felt the Sugar Plum color looked good for my completion (as shown in the photo above).  While I wouldn't mind wearing lip color more often my husband does not like how it feels when he kisses me and  sadly to say this one didn't past the kiss test.  This means I won't be wearing it much around my husband.   I then proceeded to try the Rimmer Scandaleye Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner which wasn't that fun for me.  I am not good at putting this on and don't really have a steady hand for applying onto eye lids.  It turned out too thick to me and didn't look even (as shown in the photo above).  I'm sure with much practice this eyeliner would look better than how it turned out on me.   While it is nice that it is waterproof so it won't run if you cry or happen to get rain on your face,  I don't really see a need for waterproof eyeliner and would want one that was easier to remove.  Later after applying these two products onto my face I removed them with Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover.  This remover is a gentle eye make up remover that gently removes all eye make up, including long lasting & waterproof make up with no oily residue.  It is suitable for sensitive eyes & contact lens wearers.  Now while it says that it removes waterproof make up, I was rather disappointed because it only removed a little of the eye liner.  It did remove the lip color so I was glad about that.  I loved that this eye makeup remover did not hurt my eyes so it is definitely safe for sensitive eyes.

The next product I tried out was the No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Serum.  On the sample packet it says it is for more advanced signs of aging and that it's clinically proven to be even more effective at visibly reducing deep lines and wrinkles for younger looking skin in just two weeks.  While I didn't get to spend two weeks using this product since I didn't receive a big enough sample to fully test it out so I wasn't really sure if I notice a difference in my skin.  I did like how the serum felt nice and silky soft as I was applying it onto my face.  The picture to the left shows what the serum looks like on my hand.  My face also felt the same as well.  I didn't notice any fragrance smell to this serum.  Maybe with more time I would of noticed younger skin and then in four weeks use a reduction in deep lines and wrinkles.






For the McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme, I went to the McCormick website to see what I could make with it since I'm not that great of a cook.  I did find a recipe for green beans but when it came time to making the side dish I decided against it and made something a little different on my own.  I sprinkled in the thyme along with the remaining seasonings onto the green beans and then put them on a plate to enjoy.  The green beans came out really good but I could barely tasted the thyme in the dish.  Maybe if I added more thyme I would of noticed it.  Even though there wasn't much thyme in it, I really liked the green beans and look forward to making that side dish again.

The final product I got to try was Celestial Seasoning Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Holiday Tea.  I'm not a tea drinker but it was pretty easy to make.  Just heat water to almost a boil and then place the tea bag into the mug to let it steep for three minutes.  I liked how this tea smelled, a mild peppermint.  As to how it tasted, well it was just ok.  However, since I don't care for tea in general I doubt I would drink this again.





If you'd like to learn more about any of these products you can visit their websites and check out their social pages listed below:
EcoTools Styler + Smoother Hair Brush
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest
Instagram
Google+

Red Vines Fruit Vines Bites Strawberry
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
LinkedIn

NYC Expert Last Lip Color Sugar Plum
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest
Instagram

Rimmer Scandaleye Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest
Instagram
Tumblr

Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest
Instagram
Tumblr

No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Serum
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest
Instagram

McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme
Facebook
Pinterest
Instagram

Celestial Seasoning Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Holiday Tea
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest
Flickr


Disclaimer: I received a Influenster VoxBox (EcoTools Styler + Smoother Hair Brush, Red Vines Fruit Vines Bites Strawberry (5 oz), NYC Expert Last Lip Color Sugar Plum (0.11 oz), Rimmer Scandaleye Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner (0.042 oz), Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (4.2 fl oz), No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Serum (0.1 fl oz) w/$2 off, McCormick Gourmet All Natural Thyme (0.62 oz), and Celestial Seasoning Candy Cane Lane Decaf Green Holiday Tea (2-tea bags (0.1 oz)) w/$0.55 off) from Influenster to help me write this review.  The opinions in this post are mine and not influenced in any way.  Your experience with the product may be different than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment