All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Reviews: Pace and Prego Ready Meals



Santa Fe Style Steak with Black Beans and Rice. Marinara & Italian Sausage Rotini. When you hear those recipes, you might think, who’s got the time to prepare such a banquet? You do, you hungry son of a gun! With Ready Meals from Pace and Prego, all you need for a delightful feast is a microwave, a minute and your appetite. These hunger-inducing recipes from Pace and Prego are single serve, shelf-stable and easy to make, meaning you can enjoy a satisfying dish whenever your stomach starts growling.

Ready Meals from Prego and Pace come in a wide variety of delicious flavors.
Prego Ready Meals:
- Creamy Three Cheese Alfredo Rotini: Features tender rotini pasta in a rich, creamy Alfredo sauce with coarse ground black pepper.
- Roasted Tomato & Vegetable Penne: Made with fire roasted tomatoes, carrots, red bell peppers and zucchini, as well as a touch of slow roasted garlic and onions with tender penne pasta.
- Marinara & Italian Sausage Rotini: Prepared with sweet and savory marinara sauce perfectly blended with all-natural Italian sausage over rotini.
- Creamy Tomato Penne: Made with velvety smooth tomato sauce, basil, oregano and roasted garlic over tender penne pasta.

Pace Ready Meals:
- Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla: Features white meat chicken, real cheese and rice mixed with corn, bell peppers, pinto beans and jalapeno peppers for a little kick.
- Southwest Style Chicken with Corn and Beans: Made with all white meat chicken, rice, pinto beans, corn and bell peppers in a flavorful Southwest style chipotle sauce.
- Santa Fe Style Steak with Black Beans and Rice: Sliced steak, black beans, corn and red bell peppers are served in a bold, Santa Fe-inspired blend of lime, chili powder, cumin and cilantro.
- Fiesta Chicken and Rice with Green and Red Peppers: Made with vibrant tomatillo and lime sauce over all white meat chicken, rice, and green and red bell peppers.


I really thought these were suppose to be a meal for two so I was disappointed that it was not.  Plus even more sad was that it didn't even fill me up (they are only 9 oz each).  So I was still hungry and wanted more to eat once I had consumed them.



Prego Ready Meals Creamy Three Cheese Alfredo Rotini  Pace Ready Meals Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla   Prego Ready Meals Marinara & Italian Sausage Rotini

I tried the Prego Ready Meals Creamy Three Cheese Alfredo Rotini.  I like how nice and creamy the sauce is but sadly I am not a fan of alfrado sauce (never have been) so the taste was just ok to me.  The texture of the pasta was good.  Of the three Ready Meals I tried this one was the only one that didn't easily come out of the package.  The major disappointment for this particular flavor was that it has 0.5 grams of trans fat in it.  This was upsetting and a major cause for me to not really purchase this flavor again.

I tried the Pace Ready Meals Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla and was surprised by how mildly spicy it was.  Which is actually a good thing since I do not like to consume spicy foods.  The flavor of the cheese is mild but present.  I did like it but would of probably liked even more cheese.  I did like the texture of the rice.  It wasn't chewy or hard which I usually find in instant like meals such as this.  There wasn't much chicken in it which I was disappointed in since the name of the meal has "Chicken" in it.  In fact, I think I tasted one nice chunk of chicken in the whole meal.  I did like the vegetables in the meal though, especially the corn.

I got to try out the Prego Ready Meals Marinara & Italian Sausage Rotini. The texture of the pasta was good. You could definitely taste the sausage as sadly it was a little too spicy for me. In fact, I think it was more spicy than the Pace Ready Meals Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla was. I did like how there was a lot of sausage pieces though. This particular meal would of been my favorite if it wasn't so spicy. However, since it was too spicy, it ended up not being my favorite.



If you'd like to learn more about Ready Meals from Pace and Prego and all of the other products Pace and Prego make you can visit the Pace and Prego websites.



Disclaimer: I am a BzzAgent and was given Prego Ready Meals (Creamy Three Cheese Alfredo Rotini, Prego Ready Meals Marinara and Italian Sausage Rotini) and Pace Ready Meals Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla (all 9 oz each) and (8)$1.50 off  coupons to help me write this review.  The opinions in this post are mine and not influenced in any way.  Your experience with the product may be different than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment