All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Reviews: Purex Complete Crystals Softener

My Purex Complete Crystals Softener Review.

It's been a month and I think I've had enough time to test out the Purex Crystals. When the package came I was excited about it. It came in a nice box with a cute little sample bottle that I'll be keeping to use for traveling or other uses. This also came with informational material and a free product coupon which I redeemed to really test it out on my cloths as the sample bottle was good for about five loads.At first I wasn't sure I was going to like this softener. For one, I was actually using it improperly because I didn't realize I was suppose to put it in the machine right before I put my clothes in. I was putting it afterward which I found hard to do. While the sample bottle did have hash marks to measure each load I had a hard time dispensing it in the machine mainly because I was putting it in after I put the clothes in.

When I went to the store to buy the full size product there were three scents to choose from: Fresh Spring Waters (which is what I received and bought), Tropical Splash, and Lavender Blossom. Even though I love scents I found them to be a little two strong but did like the Fresh Spring Waters scent to be the best.

What makes Purex Crystals so special compared to the normal liquid fabric softener is that it contains no oils. In fact, "Purex Complete Crystals Softeners are 92% natural, not oil-based like other liquid fabric softeners, so instead of coating fabric with oil, they work by penetrating the fabric and infusing fibers with freshness that lasts for weeks, not days." This is true, my fabrics do continue to smell much longer than when I use other softeners.

There are three factors that make this softener better than traditional liquid softeners and they are: towels absorb more water, children's sleepwear is safer, and sportswear is more effective.

Since I don't have children to have to wash children's clothes with I could not test this fact out. However, Purex claims that "using Purex Complete Crystals Softeners is the first major fabric softener that is 100% safe to use on children's sleepwear as it does not impair these flame retardant qualities" as the Consumer Products Safety Commission regulates that children's sleepwear must meet certain flame-retardant standards. Just knowing this fact I would be buying this softener if I had children to make sure their sleepwear was safe.

As for how it works on sportswear, I'm not really an expert on that either. This is because I don't sweet when I exercise. However, Purex claims that Purex Complete Crystals Softener does not inhibit wicking fabrics, making it safe to use on all of your active and athletic wear." They are actually talking about the modern technical fabrics that are often made of high-tech polyester, which draws away moisture and perspiration from the body. We don't have any of those new tech fabrics to test this on either but this would be another great reason as to use this product. So it leaves your active wear just as effective as when you bought it.

The last factor is how it keeps towels from maintaining their absorbency. Purex claims, "using Purex Complete Crystals Softeners instead of traditional liquid fabric softeners will ensure your towels stay fresh and absorbent" as compared to traditional liquid softeners that leave an oily coating on the towels which inhibit them from absorbing moisture from dishes. This I have actually tested. I had a dish towel that would never dry my dishes properly. In fact, it looked like it just moved the water around and not actually drying the dish. However, after drying my towel with Purex Crystals that towel actually dried the dishes. It made drying dishes a little more enjoyable as I knew I didn't have to constantly run the towel over the dish many times to get it dry. Just one wipe and it was dry.

I was worried that it would not leave my cloths as soft since soft cloths are very important to me. Well, it did leave my cloths just as soft as what I was currently using so I didn't have to worry about that.

So what did I like about Purex Crystals? I liked how it still made my cloths soft. I liked how it made my towels absorb the water from my dishes. I would also like it if I had children's sleepwear to keep them safe and if I had the modern-tech active wear. I also like how long the scent lasts as well.

What did I not like about Purex Crystals? The scent was a little too strong for me. I am also not a big fan of the container it comes in. The shape of the bottle is fine. It is easy to hold. However, I do not care for the cap. I feel the cap is kind of flimsy and does not stay securely on the bottle very well. I also don't like that if I accidentally pour too much out it is hard to put it back in the bottle without making a mess. I had to get a funnel and use it to put the excess back in the bottle. However, if it does spill it would be easier to clean up instead of a liquid mess that if you didn't pick it up soon after it would dry and be harder to clean. While you can easier sweep the mess up any time you wanted.

So these are my thoughts of the new Purex Complete Crystals Softener.

To learn more about the Purex Complete Crystals Softener you can visit their website. You can also check out this PDF of the Purex Complete Crystals Softener.

**I am a member of the Purex Insiders Panel. I received a sample size bottle and a free product coupon to help me write this review. These are my opinions of this product. You may have a different experience when using this product.  I originally wrote this review in April 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment