All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Monday, May 21, 2012

Reviews: Newman's Own Organics Review

If you looked at me you wouldn't know that I love to eat, especially snacks.  So when I was told about an opportunity to review Newman's Own Organics I hopped on that chance and wrote my request.  I was approved and Newman's Own Organics sent me a very nice assortment of their products.

Now you may wondering, isn't Newman's Own Organics the same as Newman's Own?  Well I was, so I found it interesting that Newman's Own Organics actually started out as a division of Newman's Own in 1993 by Nell Newman and her business partner, Peter Meehan.  However Newman's Own  became a separate company in early 2001.  Each company has their own separate lines of products.  The Newman's Own Organics product line carries: pretzels, cookies, chocolate bars, chocolate cups, mints, pop's corn, soy crisps, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried fruit, coffee, tea, dog food, dog treats, and cat food.

Newman's Own Organics let me try many of their products.  The following is all of the products they so graciously let me try.  The two pictures below are all the products I was sent.
Mighty Pretzel Minis - They taste fairly good considering I’m not a big fan of pretzels.  They are a good size. They have the original pretzel shape.  I thought the salt pieces that are on the pretzel have a good taste. They didn’t taste too salty which is what I liked since that it one of the reasons I don't care for pretzels.

Salted Pretzel Rounds - They taste about the same as the minis but are harder, probably because they are bigger.  They still taste good but since they are harder I don’t care for them as much.  They are round with the letter “N” in the middle but most of them were broken that you would not have realized that.  In my bag it looked like about  five of them were not broken in some fashion.  I noticed that they also have more salt pieces on them.

Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups - They tasted good but I'm so used to a certain other type of cup that it was hard at first to enjoy it as much.  The chocolate is smooth and the peanut butter looks real and is soft.  There are three candies in the package that are about 1.5” in diameter.

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups - I thought these tasted better than the milk chocolate ones.

Milk Chocolate Caramel Cups - These tasted very good.  They are nice and rich. The caramel is soft and it has a very slightly gritty texture but I actually liked it that way.

Dark Chocolate Caramel Cups - These also tasted very good. They are the same as the milk chocolate but with dark chocolate.

Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cups - These have a nice mild mint smell to them. The mint was soft and had a slightly mild taste. I thought they tasted good.

Apples - These taste good.  They were soft and had flexible texture.  I also noticed that any skin from the apple was soft too.

Berry Blend - This consists of raisins, cranberries, blueberries, and red tart cherries.  They are soft and moist. They also taste good.

Licorice Twists Pomegranate - These smell good.  They are 4" in length and have a hole in the center that you could use as a straw.  They have big sugar pieces coating them.  They taste good and are sweet.

Licorice Twists Strawberry - These have a very mild strawberry flavor.

Licorice Twists Black Licorice - These have a very slight white powder on them. They are not shiny like the other licorice. Their hole in the center was smaller. They have a slightly strong black licorice taste and scent to them. Since I don’t care for black licorice in the first place I didn’t care for these.

Licorice Twists Sour Apple - These taste very good.  They actually were not sour at all which is good since I don’t care for sour candy. They tasted like a Granny Smith Apple to me.

Licorice Twists Sour Cherry - These taste alright. They have a tart cherry flavor.

Licorice Twists Sour Mango - These tastes good.  They didn’t taste sour at all. These were probably the best licorice of the sour group.

Family Recipe Cookies Orange Chocolate Chip -  They are crunchy with a very very mild orange flavor.  The cookie is about 1.5" In diameter.  It looked like each cookie has about 1 – 2 chips.  The taste of the chocolate was also mild.

Family recipe Cookies Double Chocolate Chip - These are slightly soft but a tad on the dry side. I thought the chocolate chips taste really good. The cookie part was alright. They are the same size as the orange cookies.

Alphabet Cookie Cinnamon Graham - They are 1X1 inch square with a letter in the center of the cookie. They are crunchy cookies. They have a very nice cinnamon graham cookie flavor.

Ginger Snap - They are crunchy and a little hard which is fairly typical. They had a spicy ginger taste to them (not as spicy as the mints though).  They tasted good but were a little spicy for me.

Fig Newman’s - These have a nice cakey part with a mild fig center. They have a nice sweetness to them. I liked the cake part and I noticed there seemed to be a lot of it.

Hermits - They are soft and chewy.  They tasted good.  They look a little like the Fig Newman’s. They have a sugar coating on the top. They are moist. The raisins are plump and juicy and there were lots of them (second ingredient). Even though the cookies were suppose to be cinnamon they tasted like ginger to me.

Newman-O’s Original - They look just like Oreos.  I thought they tasted alright.

Newman-O’s Wheat-Free Dairy-Free - It was hard to tell the difference between these and the original ones. In fact, I stuck them side by side and ate one right after the other and didn’t really notice any difference in them.

Newman-O’s Peanut Butter - I liked the peanut butter center of these.  Of the three Newman-O’s I tried I liked this one the best.

Peppermints - They came in a pretty tin (about the size of a deck of cards).   They are round disk-shaped mints (about ½" in diameter).  They have a nice peppermint flavor.  They didn't seem too strong which I’m glad about.

Cinnamon Mints (Hot) - These taste like cinnamon and start out fine but they are a little hot. Even though they were not that hot, I still didn’t care for them that much because I don’t care for hot stuff.

Wintermint - They taste good. They had a nice wintermint taste.  It was a tad bit too strong of a mint for me but it was still alright.

Ginger Mints - They have a spicy ginger flavor. I didn’t care too much for them. They actually seemed more hot than the Cinnamon Mints.

Pop's Corn Butter - There seemed to be more kernels that were not popped once the bag was finished off than what I'm used to.  They have a light butter taste which I thought was nice. I liked that when I ate straight from the bag that I didn’t have to worry about getting my hand covered in grease like I do with other bags of popcorn.

If you'd like to learn more about Newman's Own Organics you can check out their website, and "like" them on Facebook.



Disclaimer: I was given a 13 lb box full of goodies.  All of the product discribed above and shown in the two pictures is what I received to help me write this review.  All of the opinions are all mine and not influenced in any way.  Your experience with the products may be different than mine.