All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Reviews: Ghirardelli Chocolate



Ghirardelli is America’s longest continuously operating chocolate manufacturer with a 150-year history of making distinctively rich, slow-melting and unforgettable premium chocolate.  They are one of the few companies in the country that controls the entire chocolate manufacturing process – from cocoa bean to the finished product.  Also their proprietary bean blend and unique methods of roasting and processing, inspire the kind of chocolates that you'll want to indulge in every day.

You can enjoy Ghirardelli in any form.  Just choose from their signature SQUARES filled chocolates, Intense Dark chocolates, Gourmet Milk chocolates, baking chocolate, chocolate beverages, or one of their World Famous Hot Fudge Sundaes.



I heard my blogger friends talking about how they were enjoying the Ghirardelli chocolates they received from Ghirardelli in exchange for a blog review and I was very curious.  I asked how do I get on that blogger list for the next promotion that they may have.  One of my friends told me the email address to contact them with and so I did.  I just wrote to ask to be on their blogger list for future promotions and much to my surprise they asked for my mailing address so that they could send me the current blogger box.  I was so thrilled and excited.  I love sweets and chocolate is high on the list of my favorite sweets to eat.

Last week the Ghirardelli Blogger Box came and I was so excited to open it up and enjoy the yummy chocolates for myself. The picture above is what I received.  Just look how yummy they look.  Inside the bag are four different flavors of Ghirardelli Chocolate: Pumpkin Spice Caramel, Peppermint Bark With Dark Chocolate, Eggnog, and Peppermint Bark With Milk Chocolate.



My favorite flavor of the four was the Peppermint Bark With Milk Chocolate.  I enjoyed how creamy the milk chocolate was and while I was expecting the peppermint to be stronger I found it enjoyable.  I enjoyed the top layer of the peppermint as it's slightly crunchy to me since you can feel the pieces of peppermint.


The Peppermint Bark With Dark Chocolate was my second favorite.  It has a similar flavor to it's milk chocolate counterpart but is much more richer.  It too has a mild peppermint flavor to it just like the milk chocolate one has along with the crunchy layer of peppermint pieces on the top.




My third favorite flavor was the Pumpkin Spice Caramel Chocolate Square.  It has rich and creamy chocolate with a nice soft caramel inside that I really liked.  As with the peppermint I was expecting a stronger flavor of pumpkins but much to my surprise it was mild which I found yummy.



My least favorite as to be expected was the Eggnog.  I personally don't like eggnog as it tastes weird to me and so I figured I wouldn't care for the Eggnog flavor.  They did do a great job matching the flavor of eggnog as that is exactly what it tastes like to me which is why I didn't care for it.  However, since the bag had many of the other flavors I was happy to let my husband thoroughly enjoy them.


This yummy assortment of Ghirardelli Chocolates is a perfect gift to give someone for Christmas, especially if they love chocolate.  If you'd like to learn more about Ghirardelli Chocolate then you can visit the Ghirardelli website and "like" Ghirardelli Chocolate on Facebook.  While you are on the Ghirardelli website don't forget to check out to see what yummy chocolates they have currently on sale!


Disclaimer: I was given the Ghirardelli Blogger Box (bag of Pumpkin Spice Caramel, Peppermint Bark With Dark Chocolate, Eggnog, and Peppermint Bark With Milk Chocolate (6 of each)) with a holiday card (pictured above) to help me write this review.  The opinions in this post are mine and not influenced in any way.  Your experience with the product may be different than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment