All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Reviews: Private Selection At Fred Meyer


At first bite, the Private Selection line feels a bit criminal.  It's as if these thoughtfully crafted, artisan-inspired foods were snatched straight from the kitchen of a world-renowned chef.  How else do you explain the fresh, authentic ingredients?  Or the imaginative offerings that are steps ahead of the latest food trends?

Suspiciously delicious or not, we don't need to explain the finer points of the line to you!  Available exclusively at The Kroger Co. Family of Stores, Private Selection foods are probably one of the reasons you love where you shop.  So why not discover more of them?

Take a journey that rewards your sense of good taste (and your family's taste buds, too).  Thanks to an expansive collection of Private Selection bakery and deli items, meats and seafood, frozen foods, produce, grains and snacks, you can feed your passion for gourmet food from any aisle within your local store.


When I got the invite to sign up for the Private Selection at Fred Meyer BzzCampaign, I was really excited.  Especially for store brand foods that taste really good just like the top name brands or even gourmet brands.  At least that's how I feel.

The Private Selection at Fred Meyer Bzzkit came with the following great products:
- Private Selection Tortilla Chips Blue Corn (9 oz)
- Private Selection Salsa Restaurant Style Salsa Medium (16 oz)
- Private Selection Snack Nuts Select Blend Nuts (8.75 oz)
- Free product coupons for Private Selection Frozen Fruit, Private Selection Bacon, and Private Selection 9” Fruit or Crème Pie
- (3) Sets of coupons ($1.50 off Private Selection Dessert in Bakery Department, $1 off Private Selections Frozen Fruit or Private Selection Ice Cream, $1 off Private Selections Bacon, $1 off Private Selection Cheese Slices or Private Selection Deli Meat in Deli Department, and $1 off Private Selection Tortilla Chips or Private Selection Salsa
- Official BzzGuide



The very first product I tried was the Private Selection Snack Nuts Select Blend Nuts.  The select blend nuts consisted of pecans, cashews, and macadamia which I thought was a nice variety of mixed nuts in the container.  I thought they tasted good but would of preferred them with less salt. 




The next product I tried was the Private Selection Tortilla Chips Blue Corn and Private Selection Salsa Restaurant Style Salsa Medium.  I liked how colorful the chips were and I thought they tasted pretty good too.  The chips were nice and crunchy.  I also like how the bag the chips came in was really easy to open which is just an important feature as how well the chips tasted.  Since the salsa was rated medium for how spicy it was, I knew I probably wouldn't care for them and I was right.  They were too spicy for me.  The salsa definitely left my mouth warm after consuming them.  Next time if I am to purchase the salsa again I'll be trying out the mild because I did like how the salsa tasted even though it was too hot for me.   




I'm not into cooking bacon so I decided to look up ways to cook it.  One of the ways I found said to bake it in the oven and so I decided to try that out.  Now even though it took longer to cook it was actually less time for me in having to spend time with the bacon.  The picture to the left is what the Private Selection Center Cut Bacon before I baked it.  The picture to the right is after I baked it.  I think it came out perfect.  It was crispy and a little soft too.  It also tasted really good and smelled even better. 


For dessert I enjoyed the Private Selection Peanut Butter Crème Pie.  Now this pie was very good!  It tends to be on the rich side which I really liked since I have a real sweet tooth.  There were two issues I had with the pie but they were so minor for how I liked the pie they wouldn't deter me from purchasing the pie again.  Those two issues were that I had a hard time removing the plastic dome lid from the base of the pie pan and I had a hard time cutting the crust to remove a slice of the pie.  Other than that this pie is deliciously yummy.


The final product I got to try out was the Private Selection Blueberries that can be found in the frozen section of the store.  Sadly for me these didn't meet my expectation and I personally wouldn't purchase these frozen blueberries again and will stick to fresh blueberries.  However, they may taste good blended in with other fruits or as an ingredient in a baked good.  They just didn't taste like blueberries to me.  They were not sweet enough for me like the fresh blueberries I purchase taste like.  I do like the package the blueberries come in though as it's resealable. 

If you'd like to learn about the Private Selection products, you can visit the Private Selection website to discover all that they make and carry.


Disclaimer: I am a member of BzzAgent and was given a Private Selection at Fred Meyer BzzKit (Private Selection Tortilla Chips Blue Corn (9 oz), Private Selection Salsa Restaurant Style Salsa Medium (16 oz), Private Selection Snack Nuts Select Blend Nuts (8.75 oz), Free product coupons for Private Selection Frozen Fruit, Private Selection Bacon, and Private Selection 9” Fruit or Crème Pie, (3) Sets of coupons ($1.50 off Private Selection Dessert in Bakery Department, $1 off Private Selections Frozen Fruit or Private Selection Ice Cream, $1 off Private Selections Bacon, $1 off Private Selection Cheese Slices or Private Selection Deli Meat in Deli Department, and $1 off Private Selection Tortilla Chips or Private Selection Salsa, and Official BzzGuide) to help me write this review.  The opinions in this post are mine and were not influenced in any way.  Your experience with these products may be different than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment