All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Reviews: #DiscoverCampbells New Products


Campbell’s is releasing a bunch of new products, and I couldn't wait to try them!

The new products Campbell's is releasing are:
Campbell's SpaghettiO's Micros Original
Campbell's Latin Inspired Condensed Soup Creamy Poblano & Queso
Campbell's Chunky Soup Beer-n-Cheese with Beef & Bacon
Campbell's Slow Kettle Style Soup Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
Prego Alfredo Sauce Light Homestyle Alfredo
Campbell's Skillet Sauces Creamy Parmesan Chicken
Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Savory Portabello Mushroom
Swanson Cream Starter Traditional
V8 Vegetable Juice Cocktail
















When I got accepted to the Campbell's Tasters Sample and Share - #DiscoverCampbells New Products program I was really excited.  Grant it I am not a great cook but these products really helped me make some wonderful meals to look like I was a great cook!


The first product I tried out was the Campbell's SpaghettiO's Micros Original.  The packaging was beat because while you are heating up the meal for about a minute you can find your way through a maze on the back of the package.  Now I haven't had Campbell's SpaghettiO's in a long time so it was nice to try out their new Campbell's SpahettiO's Micros out.  In fact, it tasted just as I remember it many years back.  I liked how easy this was to make but I didn't like how small it was.  It's only eight ounces.  I wanted more by the time I was finished with it.  Now I guess it's a good meal for kids to enjoy on their own but the packing suggests that kids have supervision when they heat it up in the microwave and maybe when they open it up too as it was hot when I removed the plastic cover off of it.  I honestly don't really see a point to this meal.  I mean, I'd rather just purchase the can and have more of a meal for myself since eight ounces wasn't enough.


The first meal I made was with the Campbell's Latin Inspired Condensed Soup Creamy Poblano & Queso.  I seriously thought I wasn't going to like this meal because I thought it was going to be spicy.  Much to my surprise it was not at all!  This meal was easy to make as I just cooked up some medium shells and mixed in this can with some milk and the meal was ready.  I guess you can eat Campbell's Latin Inspired Condensed Soup Creamy Poblano & Queso by itself or make a bigger meal out of it than I did but when it comes to cooking I am very simple as you will notice in the rest of these meals.  I did like this meal and my husband did too.  This ended up being his second favorite meal out of them all.


Next came the two soups for just one person.  I let my husband enjoy this Campbell's Chunky Soup Beer-n-Cheese with Beef & Bacon.  It's an easy ready to heat and eat meal.  He told me that it was just ok and that it was a little too chewy even though it's a chunky soup.  I did smell it and sampled the cream base.  I didn't care for this soup at all and am so glad I didn't have to eat it.  I didn't like the way it smelled or the way it tasted.  I thought it tasted weird.  I asked my husband if he could taste the beer and he said he couldn't taste the beer in it and I wasn't sure if I did either.  However, I don't drink beer to know what it really tastes like though.  While I really like cream based soups, this is one I really doubt I'd purchase again.


The soup I tried was the Campbell's Slow Kettle Style Soup Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup.  I liked this soup.  It tasted good.  I liked how hearty it was.  The Campbell's Slow Kettle Style Soup Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup had nice chunks of chicken, carrots, and spiral noodles.  I still personally don't understand why it needs to be in a plastic bowl instead of a can where you'd actually get more soup.  I guess this way you can heat it in the bowl and not put it in a bowl to heat up.  I would of preferred the extra couple of ounces and use my own bowl for this soup.


Our second meal I made was with the Prego Alfredo Sauce Light Homestyle Alfredo.  Normally you'd think to make this with fettuccine noodles but I wanted to make it with whole grain thin spaghetti.  This was a super easy meal to make.  Just cook the noodles and pour the sauce over it.  I tend to not like alfredo sauce so I wasn't sure if I'd like this meal.  I thought it tasted alright.  My husband agreed but he also said it had a different taste than what he expected but it grew on him as he ate the meal.


Our third meal I made was the Campbell's Skillet Sauces Creamy Parmesan Chicken.  This was very good.  I followed the instructions on the back of the Campbell's Skillet Sauces Creamy Parmesan Chicken package.  I also cooked up some rigatoni noodles and added them to the meal.  My husband and I really liked this meal.  In fact, I think this was my husband's favorite meal out of all the products he tried.



The next meal we had was Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Savory Portabello Mushroom.  This was another simple meal.  I cooked up some ground beef and rigatoni noodles and combined them with the Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Savory Portabello Mushroom.  This meal was alright and it tasted good.


The final meal I made was with Swanson Cream Starter Traditional.  I wasn't sure what to make with this so I decided on a soup.  I put in chicken, rice, baby carrots, white onion, red potato, and of course the Swanson Cream Starter.  It was rather runny at first but thickened up as it cooled down.  Surprisingly it wasn't that hard to make, especially for one who likes to measure every ingredient.  I didn't really measure anything in this meal.  It tasted alright but I thought it was a little bland.  Adding some seasonings to the soup would of helped.  Even though I didn't add any seasonings to the soup, my husband liked it and that's what really matters.


The last new product that Campbell's offers is V8 Vegetable Juice Cocktails.    I was going to purchase this with the free product coupon that I was given but by the time I got around to using it the coupon had expired (I know, shame on me).  Anyway, I looked at the flavors that the V8 Vegetable Juice Cocktails comes in (pictured above) and none of them interested me.  I'm not the biggest fan of V8 Vegetable Juice to start with anyway.  Plus I don't drink alcohol or the virgin version of them so I was fine passing on trying this beverage.  I probably would not of cared for it anyway.

So overall I was happy with all that I had made and tried.  I will be keeping my eye out for some of these products when I go to the store.  They definitely will add more variety to my meals I make for lunch and dinner.

If you'd like to learn more about any of these products you can visit their websites and check out their social pages listed below:
Campbell's SpaghettiO's Micros Original
Facebook - Twitter


Campbell's Chunky Soup Beer-n-Cheese with Beef & Bacon

Campbell's Slow Kettle Style Soup Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup



Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Savory Portabello Mushroom

Swanson Cream Starter Traditional
Facebook - Pinterest -  You Tube - Instagram

V8 Vegetable Juice Cocktail


Disclaimer: I am a member of Crowdtap and I received a Campbell's Tasters Sample and Share (Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking Savory Portabello Mushroom (14.5 oz), Campbell's Latin Inspired Condensed Soup Creamy Poblano & Queso (10.75 oz), Campbell's Chunky Soup Beer-n-Cheese with Beef & Bacon (18.8 oz), Campbell's Slow Kettle Style Soup Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup (15.5 oz), Campbell's Skillet Sauces Creamy Parmesan Chicken (9 oz), Prego Alfredo Sauce Light Homestyle Alfredo (14.5 oz), Campbell's SpaghettiO's Micros Original (8 oz), Swanson Cream Starter Traditional (26.1 oz), Wooden Spoon, Cutting Board, Red Reusable Shopping Tote, Red Shaker Plastic Cup (arrived cracked), Recipe Booklet w/Coupons (free V8 Vegetable Juice Cocktail, $1 off Campbell's Soups for Easy Cooking, $1 off Campbell's Latin Inspired Condensed Soup, $1 off Campbell's Chunky Soup, $1 off Campbell's Slow Kettle Style Soup, $1 off V8 100% Vegetable Juice or V8 V-Fusion, $1 off Campbell's Dinner Sauces, $1 off Prego Itlalian Sauce, $1 off SpaghettiO's Pasta, $1 off Swanson Cream Starter Broth), and Sampling Instructions) to help me write this review. All the opinions in this post are mine and not influenced in any way. Your experience with this product may be different than mine.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog post! We love how you took the time to photograph and review each product individually, as well as provide all of that extra information at the end of your post- you rock!

    ReplyDelete