All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Friday, February 23, 2018

Off Topic: Got a Personal Computer, Sort Of.

Last October we got some "internet" for our house.  I say "internet" because it's cellular data that we are using as a hotspot.  Anyway, I wanted a personal computer since my old one is now being used for another purpose.  So I asked my husband to set me up some sort of personal computer so I wouldn't have to use a tablet or smartphone to access the internet.  Well, he did just that.  I am now using Ubuntu 14.04, running on Raspbian 8.0 if that means anything to you.  To me it means a much less powerful computer with slow internet.  I am using my old monitor, mouse, and keyboard though.  Since I'm not using most of the programs that I used to in helping me create these blog posts (like some of the photos) some of the posts may not look the way I'd want them to (like with pictures).  However, I'll just have to accept that for now because it's what I have.

This does mean though that I will try to blog more!  I now won't just be posting about Swagbucks anymore too!  Yes, I'm happy about this and I hope you are a little too.  I'll try to post about the free samples that I've been signing up for, the many survey sites I belong to along with the sites that I've decided to close my accounts with, product reviews, and maybe something else if I can think of it.

As always, I thank you for continuing to follow my blog.  I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment