All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Reviews: LARABAR


LARABARs are made with pure and simple ingredients.  In fact each bar contains between two to nine ingredients in total.  All of their bars except for the ones that contain chocolate are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, non-GMO, vegan, and kosher.  The chocolate varieties do not claim to be dairy free, soy free, or  vegan because even "though the vast majority of chocolate chips in the world are made with dairy, soy or both, we specifically asked our supplier to provide us with chocolate chips that are Vegan (containing no dairy). While no dairy or soy is used to make our chocolate chips, they are made on a line that also produces chocolate chips made with dairy and soy. Due to possible cross contact between types of chocolate chips made at the facility, the chips we use may contain trace amounts of dairy or soy from those other chips, thus we cannot claim these chocolate chip flavors are Dairy Free, Soy Free or Vegan."

When I inquired about reviewing the LARABARs I was able to chose four flavors to try.  This was hard to do since they have so many flavors and varieties to chose from.  They have 22 flavors of LARABARs (2 are new from when I got to chose about a month ago), 4 flavors of uber, and 4 flavors of JOCALAT.  However, I did chose four and they were Coconut Cream Pie, Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte, Peanut Butter & Jelly, and Banana Bread.  Below is how I felt about each one of those flavors.

Coconut Cream Pie - Smells alright.  Tastes good.  I liked the pieces of coconut in the bar.  Even though it didn't taste like a coconut cream pie to me I did enjoy the flavor of the coconut.

Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte - Smells nice. I liked the cherry chunks. I really liked the chocolate chips in this bar.

Peanut Butter & Jelly - Smells really good.  Tastes good.  It has a sticky feeling when you chew it which is alright.  I liked the sweetness of the jelly which is actually cherry.  It reminded me of a peanut butter sandwich my mom would make that would get kind of smashed up.  So it brought back a good memory of my childhood.

Banana Bread - Sadly I didn't care for it as much as the other bars.

Overall the bars tasted good.  I loved the simple ingredients in each one which made me feel good about eating them.

If you'd like to learn more about LARABAR you can visit the LARABAR website, "like" them on Facebook, or follow them on Twitter.  Also on LARABAR's website you can enter their LARABAR Very Large Sweepstakes where they are giving away over 750 prizes (750 of those prizes is a coupon for a free LARABAR.  The sweepstakes ends May 31, 2012.


Disclaimer: I was given four LARABARs of my choice (Coconut Cream Pie (1.7 oz), Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte (1.6 oz), Peanut Butter & Jelly (1.7 oz), and Banana Bread (1.8 oz)) to help me write this review.  The opinions in this post are mine and not influenced in any way.  My experience with the product may be different than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment