All offers on this website are still active unless stated expired. I'll update this when I can. If you find an offer that has expired please leave a comment so I can update it.

Every offer on this blog I have signed up for unless I've stated I have not. When a freebie is received I'll update its post as proof that freebies I put on here do come.

Please follow me by clicking the Follow button on the lower right. I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy, Nancy

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Reviews: Vornado TVH500 Vortex Heater

The Vornado TVH500 Vortex Heater is a stylish variation on Vornado's highly rated TVH500 whole room heater which brings all the performance of the original TVH500, and adds brilliant, glossy white or black finishes accented with bright chrome. This sturdy heater’s casing is constructed completely of steel, yet remains cool to the touch, even after hours of operation. The TVH500 uses Vornado’s signature vortex energy efficient circulation to quietly and evenly warm a room, with no cold spots, in less time than traditional heaters. An on-board digital LCD screen displays current and set temperature. An easy-to-set timer allows you to run the unit for a predetermined period of time before it shuts off automatically – keeping you from wasting energy and money by accidentally leaving the heater on.

Safety is a priority with every Vornado product, so the TVH500 is equipped with advanced Multi-Level Safety Protection, including a Tip Over Switch and an Auto-Shutoff setting that detects when the airflow is obstructed. A substantial 3 prong power cord rounds out the TVH500's impressive list of safety features. The TVH500 is backed by Vornado’s industry leading 5 Year warranty – ensuring years of operation from your investment.

Here are the key features of the Vonado TVH500 Vortex Heater:
- Whole Room Vortex Heat Circulation
- Warm, Gentle Heat
- All Metal Construction
- Push Button Controls With LCD Screen
- Adjustable Thermostat
- Energy-Saving Timer
- Advanced Safety Features
- Tipover Protection
- 2 Stage Auto Shut Off
- Cool Touch Case
- Tight Grill Spirals
- Whisper Quiet
- 5 Year Warranty



I signed up to test out the Vornado TVH500 Vortex Heater not really thinking I'd have a chance at being selected.  Boy was I excited when I was!  I really needed one of these small portable heaters for our house.  I like to leave the house temperature real low (currently at 60°F) so that we are conserving energy.  I don't mind wearing sweaters and layering on the blankets (I have a lot of blankets in the linen closet).  However, I would love it if that one room that I stay in most of the day was a little warmer than the rest of the house so I don't always have to layer up.  So I was hoping the Vornado TVH500 Vortex Heater was going to help with that.  This little heater is a great size (9.4 x 11.4 x 11.6 inches and 8.8 pounds).  So it's easy to move to another room if you want to take it along with you if you plan to hang out in another room for awhile.  I do wish that it had some sort of handle instead of an indentation slot in the back where you are to carry it.  I also think it looks nice to display when it's in use.



The first time you turn on the Vornado TVH500 Vortex Heater it will display what the current temperature is in your house and will be set at a cool 65°F with the fan blowing.  I wanted to try out the heat at 68°F on low fan but after an hour or so the room just didn't get up there and it said it was only 65°F (the temperature in the room started at 62°F ).  So I decided to turn the fan to high and it almost got up to 68°F.  Not what I wanted so I tried and set it for 75°F.  Sadly it never reached that high.  However, it did get up to 71°F after a few more hours of use.  The picture to the right above is what it was after a few hours of use when it was originally 64°F in the room.  So I'm not really sure it will get to my desired temperature that I have it set for.  Grant it I do not know if the room is too big for the heater or if the air coming from the hall or upstairs is causing it to not get warm enough.  It is about a foot or so to the left of the hallway entrance.  I do like that after being in use the unit is cool to the touch except for the front where the fan grills are.  Those are fairly warm but not too hot that it would burn you.  Please note, that I had it running at 75°F for a few hours which is why it was so warm to the touch.  However, they do cool off in a few minutes which is nice.  The Vornado TVH500 Vortex Heater is super quiet and I couldn't even tell it was on at all.  I do like it's safety features that it will automatically turn off if blocked or tipped over.  I blocked the fan with my coat and it turned off fairly quickly.  In fact, it thought the room was 78°F and wouldn't not turn the heat back on again until I moved it to another room to cool it off.  I tried to tip it over to see if it would turn off and I leaned the front of it forward at a 45° angle and it shut off.  I also think that the timer is really neat.  You can set to turn off in one hour intervals starting at one hour and go up to twelve hours before it shuts off.  I set it for one hour and after that one hour it did shut off which was nice.  Now if I accidentally leave the room without turning it off, it will turn off for me as long as I have the auto shut off programmed for it.

If you'd like to learn more about Vornado TVH500 Vortex Heater you can visit the Vornado website"like" Vornado on Facebook, follow Vornado on Twitter, or check out Vornado on YouTube.


Disclaimer: I received the Vornado TVH500 Vortex Heater from Viewpoints to help me write this review.  The opinions in this post are mine and not influenced in any way.  Your experience with the product may be different than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment